Gianpiero Tamburrini is permanent Associate Professor in Pediatric Neurosurgery, Institute of Neurosurgery at the Catholic University Medical School in Rome, Italy from 1.7.2017, National qualified, Full Professor of Neurosurgery, at the same University since February 2016 and Chair of the Pediatric Neurosurgery Unit at the Fondazione Policlinico Gemelli IRCCS in Rome, Italy.
- President elect of the European Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery (ESPN) (2018-2020)
- Advisor Membership Committee of the ISPN (International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery)
- Associate Editor and main Editor of the Section “Controversy in Pediatric Neurosurgery” for the journal Child’s Nervous System
- He has been Author/coauthor of 191 peer reviewed impacted international papers and of 30 chapters of scientific books.
- He has participated as Faculty to more than 50 International Pediatric Neurosurgery Courses (ESPN, ISPN, WFNS, IFNE) giving 140 lectures.